The Church Building
All Saints Church is situated in the village centre, opposite the shops. It is an attractive building, with a Hall and meeting rooms attached, set in grounds including a garden and large car park. The original church was built in 1880 in the Early English Gothic style – a simple flint building with red brick quoins comprising a Nave, Chancel and Vestry/Organ Loft. In 1996 a major extension was built to the North of the existing church, and the axis of the whole worship area was rotated through ninety degrees. As a part of the process of extending the Church, the original pipe organ was replaced with a rebuilt redundant organ from Leicester. Booklets with full details of all the significant features of the building are available in the church. All Saints’ has a fine collection of Victorian and modern stained glass including work by Meyer of Munich, Clayton & Bell, and Alan Younger.
To the North of the Church is the Church Hall, originally built in the 1960’s. In 2003 a major upgrade was completed to the existing Hall and it was joined to the extended Church by a two-storey link building which contains the Hall entrance lobby and Church Office, as well as an upstairs meeting room.
The original Victorian Vicarage was replaced by a new Vicarage in the late 1990’s. The original was sold by the Diocesan authorities, who donated part of the original garden to the Parish. This is today’s Church Garden, a very useful and attractive area of green space open to everyone.