Life. Faith. Meaning.
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith. Each session begins with a meal, followed by a talk which considers a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. There is plenty of opportunity to discuss, ask questions and share view points in a small group. Alpha runs globally, with more than 29 million having taken part. Denmead Alpha is open for everyone – whether you’re new to the Christian faith, been attending church a long time, wanting to cover the basics of the Christian faith or just exploring. There is no pressure, no follow-up and no charge.
This Autumn All Saints Church and Denmead Baptist Church are working in partnership to deliver this course. The first session begins on Weds 5th Sept 7-9.30 pm at All Saints in the Heath Room. Future dates are:
- 05/09 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 1 Is There More to life than This?
- 12/09 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 2 Who is Jesus?
- 19/09 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 3 Why Did Jesus Die?
- 26/09 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 4 How Can I Have Faith?
- 03/10 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 5 Why and How do I Pray?
- 10/10 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 6 Why and How Should I read the Bible?
- 17/10 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 7 How Does God Guide Us?
- 27/10 Sat 10am -4pm Away Day Location to be confirmed. Sessions 8,9,10 on the Holy Spirit
- 31/10 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 11 How Can I Make the most of the Rest of my Life?
- 07/11 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 12 How Can I Resist Evil?
- 14/11 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 13 Why and How Should I Tell Others?
- 28/11 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 14 Does God Heal Today?
- 05/12 Weds 7 – 9.30 pm Session 15 What about the Church?